Ph.D. Programme 2023-2024
Applications are invited from highly motivated and research-oriented applicants for admission to Ph.D. programme in the following disciplines:
- Management (20 seats)
- Computer Science (10 seats)
- Journalism & Mass communications (5 seats)
Duration of the Programme.:
Ph.D. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three (3) years, including course work, and a maximum duration of six (6) years from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- Master’s degree in the respective discipline from any UGC recognized University and as per the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by UGC
- A one year/two semester master's degree programme after a four year/eight semester bachelor’s degree programme, with at least 55% marks in aggregate
- Master's degree (bachelor's degree obtained in 10+2+3, followed by a master's degree) or a post-graduate diploma (two Years) in any discipline, with at least 55%*
- A professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55%*
*A relaxation of five percent is given to candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on written test and research proposal presentation. Application forms can be downloaded from the website https://svgu.ac.in/institute/phd
- Interested candidates may apply using the Application Form available on the official website. After an acknowledgment email, the candidate will be informed about the schedule for the written test as well as for the research proposal presentation. Candidates who successfully clear both these stages will be offered admission into the program.
Exemption from Entrance Test:
Candidates who have qualified any of the following exams shall be exempted from the entrance test:
(1) Candidates who have qualified in the NET / SLET or other similar tests conducted by such Government bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR / ICMR.
(2) Candidates who are granted fellowship/scholarship from state/central government agencies for pursuing Ph.D.
(3) Candidates having M.Phil. Degree from a UGC recognized University and whose admission was done through the Entrance Test.
Ph.D. Fee Structure:
- Application form fee: Rs. 1500
- Entrance Exam fee: Rs. 1000
- Enrolment Fee: Rs. 2000
- Ph.D. Programme Tuition Fees: Rs. 35,000 per semester
- Course Work Fees: Rs. 10,000
- Viva-Voce fees: Rs. 10,000
- Convocation fees: As applicable from time to time
- Library Caution Money deposit (Refundable): Rs. 3000
- For other fees, contact the university office.
- Last date to apply: 23rd August 2023
- Entrance test: 24th September 2023
Bank Details for Fees Payment:
Bank Name: Yes Bank
Branch: Prahladnagar, Ahmedabad
Account No: 048088700002312
IFSC Code: YESB0000480
Download Ph.D. Admission Application Form:
PhD Application Admission Form_SVGU.docx